Saturday, February 11, 2017

Fancy Folds ~ Peek-a-Boo Flap Cards

Welcome back peeps!

I am sure that you enjoyed Martha's project ~ she is such a creative person.  Here is my creation for this month's hop:
I followed Frenchie's easy to understand YouTube video. My card is a square 6"x 6" card in Night of Navy, incorporating the Floral Boutique DSP and You've Got This stamp set.
The base card is lined with a square of Silver Glimmer Paper, then mounted with a square of the Floral Boutique DSP. I love the different tones of Night of Navy on the DSP. The front Flap is stamped with the filigree image from Timeless Textures in Night of Navy along each side. The oval void was cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits, again with the Silver Glimmer Paper feature.
I stamped the flower image from You've Got This in Night of Navy on Whisper White. I coloured the flowers with a blender pen and Night of Navy ink. I then fussy cut the flowers and highlighted them with Clear Wink of Stella. I thought that by layering the flower on the front and then two others inside the flap feature added interest to the card.
They possibly don't look as effective inside but I like to the idea of an odd number of flowers to balance the layout. 
 Inside I stamped the single image of the flower without colouring it.
The sentiment is from Hello You Thinlits, cut out in Whisper White for simplicity. I hope that you have gotten some inspiration from my card and encourage you to pop by our next design team member.

Make sure that you check out Tanja's incredible card she is just so amazing!

Until next time, may your glitter sparkle,
Shanni xx

International Blog Hop Order

3 comments:

  1. Stunning Card... thanks for sharing.. love the color combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shanni!
    A very nice version of this card! Also the inside is very pretty and inviting to write.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Yours, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card would make ME more than Happy were I to receive it. It is stunning. Perfections in shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni